Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First 'Edit Me' Challenge

I thought I would jump in and try this challenge called "Edit Me" on this awesome blog.  Someone submits a photo and everyone edits it how they choose.  I need a lot of work in the editing department (in every department, really) so I thought I would give this challenge a try for some practice.

Here is the original (ADORABLE) photo which was taken by the very talented Tara.
And here are my edits.  Due to the fact that this was my first time, I didn't write down all my steps as I was doing them so these are just from memory.  I will do a better job of documenting my moves next time.  I swear.
Cropped photo.
Cloned the corner with the window.
lightened and brightened (in photoshop)
Did a slight air brush (in picnick)
Ran Blue Ginger and lowered opacity some (Florabella Action) for the color version.
Converted to black and white for the second photo and brighted up a bit more.

And for my final edit that I'm entering into the challenge I cropped in a little differently.  I'm always drawn to photos with negative space so I thought I'd try it on this one.  Not sure if it works.  Obvisouly had to clone a larger area.  
And I added a little Soft Sunshine (Florabella) to my original color edit.

Edit Me
Thanks for looking!!

19 comments:

  1. I like the B&W, and the negative space is cool too. Not your normal crop, but I think it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think the crop works. Great use of negative space to draw your eye to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your entry, I think it worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your last edit! The negative space and creative crop really makes this edit stand out. And I love the toning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last edit. You are awesome. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally in love with the last edit..a twisted way of using the rule of thirds in some way....Beautiful=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful I love photos edited with the space open. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the last edit, I love the use of negative space! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I like the edit with the crop and open space! I have one similar on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this edit. Love the negative space..just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I .love this edit!! my fav on this weeks edit me challenge

    Natasha

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the edit. very creative crop, that really makes the subject pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks ladies for all fo the lovely comments!! Totally makes my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your final edit... The negative space is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete