Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Edit Me. Week 6

Edit MeThank you, Selena!!

Check out this gorgeous SOOC shot from Selena at Stoneyville  and  Selena Stoney Photography.  Gorgeous couple, gorgeous lighting--so fun to edit!
Okay, my plan was to go for a warm, vintage look. And since the shot was pretty awesome SOOC, I just decided to have fun with it.  Here are the steps that I took.  And if I missed one (I probably did), I apologize.  I loved the composition of this photo so I just cropped a tiny bit off of the right side (making sure not to cut off that pretty flare--Oh I heart flare) and added just a tiny bit more to the left so that the couple was directly in line for rule of thirds.  I pinked and yellowed up my photo using the white balance sliders in lightroom.  I also played with fill light, contrast, shadows, lights, darks and ran a preset called Trusty (from M4H) and brought into photoshop and ran sunshine and a pastel pink haze over the photo adjusting the opacity to about 30% for each. Also after all of my edits the shadow between her blades started to look really muddy so I smoothed that out in picnick using a cloning tool and airbrush.  (So sad picnik is closing;().

And just for MORE fun, I did a couple of black and white conversions trying to keep that old school look. . .

Edit Me
Thanks for looking! :)

26 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So romantic! My fav is the first edit. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous romantic feel to it now. My favourite is also the first one but the B&W one is pretty cool too.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Linda
    http://coachhousecraftingonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/02/editme-challenge-wk6-this-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the edits are interesting and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your edit! It is great, such a nice hazy look. I also really love your B&W, I actually changed this photo to B&W for the client!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selena! It was a great photo. I bet your clients were thrilled!

      Delete
  5. Love the black and white and the haze!Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great edit...love the warm and vintage feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Edit... love the vintage feel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!! And I love that vintage tool

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black and whites are nice, too, but I love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the vintage look, but I think my favorite one is the last black and white one. There something very delicate and timeless about it--like love. What that cheesy? hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cheesy--awesome! Thank you, Kirsten!

      Delete